Thursday 24 January 2013

Weekend Betting – 26.01.2013 – (1 treble and 1 double. 4 points at stake)

Its FA Cup week so we will attack this shyly as it’s not our home base of the Premier League. We are on a good run though so it’ll be daft not to have dabble now wouldn’t it?

The tips are all based on the Premier League clubs as a little safety strap for us.

 
Treble

QPR (H)

Norwich City (H)

Arsenal (A)                                          @3.5/1             2 points

 
Double

Norwich City to WIN and

Grant Holt to score ANYTIME                        @ 2/1               2 points


The Logic?

 
Bet 1 – The treble

QPR

A treble accumulator in the FA Cup is always a bit risky but I don’t believe too much in upsets when the quality for the favourites is there in abundance.

QPR may be struggling and Harry Redknapp may have other things on his mind than the FA Cup at the moment but the players he has at his disposal, throughout the squad, is good, far too good for where they sit in the Premier League.

This is the riskier pick for me based on the approach of the home side but I’m hoping Harry Redknapp lives up to my thoughts on him. If he does, I reckon QPR will romp it.

Harry is old school and he’ll respect the Cup. After all it’s his only major honour in football management and if QPR make it another stage and get another nice home draw he might start thinking, ‘hey, why not?’.

 

I do expect QPR to make changes but like I said previously, the quality will still be there and it should be far too much for a visiting MK Dons side.

The Don’s are writing their own history with every season they play and they’ll fancy upsetting QPR for a big chapter in their story. I can’t see it though and I fancy QPR to give them a bit of a hiding too.



 

 
If QPR approach this in the right way, which I expect them too under Redknapp, 5-0 is my prediction. Come 
on Harry, don’t let me down here.


Norwich City

Now this should be as straight forward as you like.

Norwich of the Premier League, 3/10 to win, host non league Luton Town. The hatters did a magic job of making it this far but going to Carrow Road is surely a step too far for them.


I fancy they’ll put up a right good scrap but Norwich are steady and Chris Hughton will not tolerate any inconsistencies or cockiness around his camp for this potential banana skin.

I reckon the home side will live up to their billing as hot favourites and smash Luton right out of the cup. 4-1 home win I say.



Arsenal

Arsenal, away at Championship Brighton. Risky one of the three many will think. Well I don’t.

Arsene Wenger is having a tough time this year and the FA Cup has probably become about ten times more significant to him after the League Cup shock at Bradford and their inconsistent league form.

Their recent thumping of West Ham though has just reaffirmed that the quality is there and when Arsenal want to turn it on, fuck me they can.

Arsenal have the players and they’ll be up against a team that will have a go at them in the right way, by playing football. Gus Poyet has got Brighton playing some attractive stuff and they’ll want to impose their game against a very good footballing side.

I think this will allow more room for Arsenal and the likes of Jack Wilshere and Santi Cazorla can murder teams at will with a bit of room.


I strongly fancy the gunners to turn Poyet’s men over on the south coast and give them a little footballing lesson at the same time.

Brighton are a good side and will be confident after dumping out Newcastle in the last round but Arsenal, on their day, can be devastating. I expect a strong Arsenal team and a strong performance. 1-3 is my prediction.

And there it is, your FA Cup treble @3.5/1

  
Bet 2 – The double

Now this was going to be Manchester United to win with Wayne Rooney to score anytime but the England striker has some fresh injury concerns so without knowing the extent of it I’ve had to bin the bet.

I’ll replace it by throwing some more eggs in the Norwich City basket.

I think Norwich will have a real rough ride in 2013 in terms of the Premier League and I reckon Chris Hughton will have some concerns over his side’s current decline in form.

This weekend will bring him a welcomed distraction. FA Cup fourth round at home to non league Luton Town.

Let the hand rubbing commence. Now Hughton will respect the challenge and like I’ve stated in bet 1, he’ll rid any overconfidence in his camp in order to win this one.

It’s a huge opportunity for Norwich to put a good cup run together and I fancy them to take it handsomely.

Added to that, if there’s anyone that won’t under estimate an opponent its skipper Grant Holt. He’s worked his way through the ranks on the football ladder and he’s just the bloke you want for a non league ding dong.


Back Norwich to win (@3/10) and double it up with Holt to score ANYTIME (8/11). I like the sound of this double @2/1.


Good luck, look out for free bet offers and bet responsibly!


@falcontips

No comments:

Post a Comment